Help available in the community
Help with Addiction
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, 12 step recovery program for anyone struggling with hurt, pain or addiction of any kind. What is Celebrate Recovery? Celebrate Recovery is a safe place to find community and freedom from the issues that are controlling our life. Follow this link to fInd a Celebrate Recovery Group near you.
- Faircreek Church (3.2 mi) - 2400 Faircreek Ridge Dr, Fairborn, Ohio 45324; 937-879-1598
- First Christian Church of Huber Heights (5.7 mi) - 6114 Fishburg Rd, Huber Heights, Ohio 45424 ; 937-829-1638
- Be Hope Church - Beavercreek Campus (5.6 mi) - 1850 North Fairfield Rd. Beavercreek, Ohio 45432 ; 937-776-8503
Help.org exists to empower people with all the resources and tools they need to start or continue on their journey of recovery. Addiction presents unique challenges for everyone, but with the help and support of other people, anyone can overcome.
Alcoholics Anonymous is an international fellowship of men and women who have had a drinking problem. It is nonprofessional, self-supporting, multiracial, apolitical, and available almost everywhere. There are no age or education requirements. Membership is open to anyone who wants to do something about his or her drinking problem. Follow the link to find out about meetings in the Dayton area. There are more than 400 meetings each week at over 150 locations. Alcoholics Anonymous - Dayton Call 937-222-2211or Email : email@example.com
Narcotics Anonymous can help you find the freedom to live your life without the use of drugs. Narcotics Anonymous is a fellowship or society of men and women for whom Drugs had become a major problem.…We are not interested in what or how much you used or who your connections were, what you have done in the past, how much or how little you have, but only in what you want to do about your problem and how we can help. Our Primary Purpose is to carry the message to the addict who still suffers. If you think you may have a problem with drugs of any kind, please call our helpline 937-833-6262 (NANA) or come to one of our meetings! This simple act can be the start of a new life free from the constant pain of addiction. Website - Dayton Area Narcotics Anonymous or call 937-833-NANA
Housing & Homeless Services
The mission of Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greene County is to reflect God’s love by providing short term housing and assistance for displaced families through a united community network.The Schneider House of Hope Office hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday except for holidays. http://ihnofgreeneco.org/
To reach us, please call 937-372-0705
American Red Cross Emergency Housing Program
- 1080 E. Main Street, Xenia, Ohio 45385
- 937-376-3111 or 937-376-3973
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
St. Vincent de Paul began its Veteran’s program in 2013 to serve homeless Veterans and their families who are in need of housing assistance. The goal of the Supportive Services for Veteran Families program (SSVF) is to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran families
- SSVF Intake Hotline: 1-888-751-1238
- Main Office Line: 937-222-0403
- National Call Center: 1-877-424-3838
Pregnancy & Health Services
Pregnancy Resource Center
Our trained Care Coordinators are here to provide trusted care, support, and resources designed to help you with your particular situation. You may have decisions to make in your life, whether your pregnancy test is positive or negative. Your Care Coordinator will help guide you through the decision process, so that you can make a decision and a plan that is right for you.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937.525.3780
- 1010 S. Limestone St, Springfield, OH
Miami Valley Women's Center has been providing real answers for issues surrounding unplanned pregnancies, abortion, and many other life issues. We will hold in confidence all information that you provide except in those circumstances where there is an imminent threat of harm to you or others or where disclosure may otherwise be required by law. We value your health and safety. Since we do not perform abortions or arrange adoptions we have no financial interest in your decision. Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances. Our staff includes nurses, ultrasonographers, and individuals trained in providing accurate medical information to support you in making your best decision. We also have offices in North Dayton, Huber Heights, and Kettering.
- Xenia Branch Office; 245 S. Allison Ave. Xenia, Ohio 45385; (937) 374-0001
Living Well Clinic is a charitable health clinic that provides no-cost healthcare to the medically needy of Greene County. While providing compassionate medical care to the whole person, we desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ who brought healing to both the physical and spiritual needs of those he met. This is accomplished through a team of dedicated health professionals who provide quality medical care to those they see.
- Phone Number: 937-372-7177 Call for an appointment!
- Address: 1160 N Monroe Dr, Xenia, OH 45385
Domestic Violence Services
Family Violence Prevention Center - the agency has evolved to continue to provide comprehensive, holistic services to victims of domestic violence.
- (937) 376-8526
- P.O. Box 271; Xenia, OH 45285 (Greene)
- 24-Hour Crisis Hotline: 937-372-4552 or 937-426-2334
- Hope for Dayton Mobile Foodbank; 1st Saturday of the Month 10-12pm; First Church of Christ; 1166 Kauffman Ave; 937-878-1562
- Fairborn FISH Pantry; 1149 N. Broad St; Open Tuesday & Friday, 2-4pm; 937-879-1313
- St Vincent DePaul; 937-424-0951
- Vineyard Church at Fairborn Primary School; 4 W. Dayton Yellow Springs Rd; FIrst Saturday of the month 10:45-1pm
- Wright State University Friendship Food (Students Only); 134 Allyn Hall; call for current days and time 937-775-3669
- Food Bank at Fairborn Senior Center; 325 N. Third St; 937-878-4141; 3rd Tuesday of the month 9:30-10:30am
- Dayton Mobile Food Bank; 4th Tueday of the month; 11-12:00pm; Abiding Christ Lutheran Church
- FoodBank - Dayton - If you are in need of food assistance, call us at (937)238-5132 and we will connect you to a food pantry or hot meal near you in Greene, Montgomery, or Preble counties. 56 Armor Place Dayton, OH 45417
Greene County Resources
Family & Children First - the county department assists service providers, community groups, and residents to effectively address the health, human, and social service needs of Greene County residents.
- 158 E. Main St.; Xenia, OH 45385
- Ph: (937) 562-5600; (937) 426-1779 ext. 5600
Greene County Metropolitan Housing Authority
- 538 N. Detroit St., Xenia, OH 45385
Greene Community Health Foundation
Providing health and wellness assistance to families in need throughout Greene County
Community Action Partnership of the Greater Dayton Area is a nonprofit Community Action Agency committed to eliminating poverty and promoting self-sufficiency by providing various programs and services for individuals and families in Butler, Darke, Greene, Montgomery, Preble and Warren Counties.
- 1855 Bellbrook Road; Xenia, OH 45385
- (937) 376-7747; (937) 427-3377